5 February 2007

Wedge Tail Eagle Tree

I love this tree.



It is a magnificent Eucalypt and, well, you'd think I'd have identified it by now, I know, but I haven't.

I think* it is a South Australian Blue Gum (Eucalyptus leucoxylon), as distinct from the Tasmanian Blue Gums (which are desertifying some areas of the Island. Rumours are the the koalas are eating THEM, which would be a neat turn-around).


I have found these flowers and buds underneath it in winter ... perhaps they will be clear enough for someone who knows what they are looking at, to have a guess?


"Laziness-should-be-your-middle-name" was my mother's refrain, many years ago ... she wasn't wrong was she?
;p




*loosely applied

2 comments:

Shorty CreeKI said...

AHEM ... since I posted that last picture I have learned about cropping and magnifying ... so will fix it ... as soon as I can remember all the instructions.
*sigh*

Shorty CreeKI said...

Done ... and now for a better picture of the tree itself ... and the nests.