28 February 2007

The Snake's Tree



Here are two more detailed photographs of the tree that the snake went into, but *without the snake.

I ought to be identifying these trees.
I call myself an Australian and I cannot even distinguish one Eucalypt from another.

The top photo was taken in November.

Another question has been asked about the identity of the deep green climbing plant that the snake is climbing through. (it is intertwined with Bridal Creeper weed)


This second photo was taken in July 2005, that is, in the winter after I saw the snake.

The only creeper in evidence is the Bridal Creeper.


Though these pictures are old and not great quality, they will make a start for me, even if only as memory joggers to take more detailed notes and photos next time I go back.

*as far as I could tell :)

1 comment:

amegilla said...

That creeper looks like that native Muehlenbeckia, adpressa I think is the sp.?

And I reckon the tree is E. leucoxylon. (although you have a better expert in the famly than I)

:)