15 January 2007

It _has_ been a long time ...

... but next week I will be going back to visit the creek again.

I wonder if it will still be a creek at all.

Maybe, and much more likely, it will be a series of still, small pools.

Either way I will be happy to walk it with a new camera at the ready.

It is a Canon 400D
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos400d/

and made possible by a gift of Canon lenses and the purchase of the Digital SLR body.
I now have a set of rings to help with close ups, as well, and am looking at an adaptor so that our old zoom lens can fit.

The previous digital camera was not SLR and took a full second to take the photo, so anything that moved was a goner.

So far I have been practising in the garden at home, where we also have a small creek with a pond on it. I am posting those pictures on Flickr as "justjjoke", should you be interested.

There are yabbies in both creeks, but I don't know if they are identical species.
Here is a Garrod Yabbie.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/justjjoke/357541355/

I wonder if I can find some old pictures of the creek at this time of the year ... hmmmmmmm ... it is now 38C outside here in Adelaide, so an inside job, looking for photos of Shorty Creek is an appealing option.
:)

No comments: